Monday 14 April 2014

Quebec City

Quebec City, Canada, November 2012 (CC-BY-NC-ND)
by: Gina Trapani
This picture was taken during our French trip to Quebec City. This is what the city looks like from the top. When I took this picture, my camera setting was in Manual mode, but before proceeding to manual mode I suggest that you learn about the other settings as well. Most photographers use manual mode because it gives them the freedom to adjust their own aperture, shutter speed, and ISO to create a dramatic effect on the picture, and also to produce a stunning photo. Just click the link to know more about aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. *Remember* Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO are connected with each other.

Settings I used:
- Manual mode
- f7-f9 (aperture)
- 1/120 (shutter speed)
- ISO 400

As you could see, the picture that I took is edited. I used a filter for it to look more dramatic, but one of my biggest goal for this project is to take a picture without editing it. The biggest mistake that I did on this picture is that I didn't save the original picture. Another thing, when you take pictures and you would like to post them, put a watermark on your picture. Watermark is just anything that you want to put on your picture, for example your name, a logo, etc. It prevents other people from stealing your photos.

Tips:
- get to know your camera
- play around with other settings
- always save the original picture
- put a watermark before posting
- experiment and have fun

2 comments:

  1. Carmela,
    I love that picture! Quebec city is so beautiful and that view was amazing.
    Thanks for sharing some tips, I don't know much about photography but it sure sounds like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the links in your post and the tips you share throughout the writing. You haven't posted often, so if you're looking for ideas, why not spend some time explaining the terms? If you'd rather leave the definitions to your sources, then spend some time discussing how you connect aperture, shutter speed, and ISO in your shots.

    The two shots you include make me want to see more!

    ReplyDelete